Geneva: The top emergency expert of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday that it would be “highly speculative” for the WHO to say that the corona virus did not spread from China. Corona virus was first identified in a food market in China in December last year.
China through its state media has been making it neuter that before the virus was found in Wuhan it was present in another. Citing the presence of corona virus in imported frozen food packaging, he claims that it was circulating in Europe last year.
Emergency expert Mike Ryan of the World Health Organization said in a virtual briefing in Geneva “I think it is highly speculative for us to say that the disease did not emerge in China.” Ryan said this when he was asked if Kovid-19 first emerged outside China.
Investigation is where the matter first came out
Ryan said, “It is clear from a public health point of view that you start your investigation from where the cases first came up.” He further said that the evidence can then be taken to other places. Ryan also reiterated that the WHO intends to send researchers to the Wuhan food market to investigate the origin of the virus.
Significantly, the WHO has been accused by the Trump administration of being ‘China-centric’ and the WHO has repeatedly denied the allegations.
6 lakh corona cases worldwide, 24 million people infected so far, see list of top-10 countries
Woman defeats Nazis attack, plane crash and cancer-corona celebrates her 100th birthday