Health

Three people in one family poisoned toad meat


Dien BienThree hours after eating grilled toad meat, a family of three including parents and son was poisoned and hospitalized for emergency.

At the Intensive Care Unit – Anti-poison, the doctor diagnosed the family with toad poisoning with symptoms of dizziness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and loose stools. Doctors infuse detoxification, anti-arrhythmia. Fortunately, the family was hospitalized in time, and their health is stable.

Doctor Ho Duy Khanh, Department of Intensive Care and Poison Control, said on June 25 that toad meat contains high protein content and is free of toxins. However, many other parts of the toad such as the skin, liver, eggs, pus, eyes, and nerve ganglia (along the spines) contain toxins, including tetrodotoxin and bufotenin, which are deadly. Improper processing of toad meat can lead to poisoning. When cooked at high temperatures, this toxin also does not decompose.

Depending on the level, the patient may feel fatigue, nausea, vomiting, pain in the extremities; More serious is arrhythmia, low blood pressure, panic producing hallucinations, convulsions, cardiac arrest if not promptly given emergency care.

Besides, toads are very dirty, there are many worms and parasites. “If you want to use toad meat, absolutely do not eat toad’s organs or eggs. When processing, the meat must be clean, without skin, plastic … sticking to it,” the doctor said.

People with toad poisoning need to quickly go to the nearest medical facility for timely emergency treatment.

Minh An

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *