Sports

Star jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot in police custody Monday after new rape complaint


The star jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot was in police custody Monday, May 10 in Chantilly (Oise), as part of an investigation following a new complaint for rape, said the prosecution of Senlis and the lawyer of the complainant , confirming information from France 2.

This complaint was registered in Cagnes-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes) on February 19 for facts dating back to February 17, the Senlis prosecutor’s office said in April, which confirmed the custody on Monday, referring a communication to Wednesday. detailed from him on this case.

Pierre-Charles Boudot, the star jockey targeted by two rape complaints

This complaint had given rise to the opening of a preliminary investigation by the prosecution of Senlis, the jockey residing in Chantilly (Oise), where according to the lawyer of the complainant, Mr.e Justine Devred, it was heard, in the premises of the gendarmerie.

According to Me Devred, who hopes for a confrontation this Tuesday, another jockey “Who was present in the apartment”, where the events allegedly took place, was also in police custody.

Suspicion of pressure on the victim

“My client, a 25-year-old woman working in the equestrian world in Chantilly, went to a party. It is very likely that he was made to drink or inoculated products to nullify his consent. She has flashes, big holes, moments when her body was no longer responding ”, told AFP Me Devred.

“She had lodged a first complaint which she had withdrawn because she had been pressured by her professional entourage. Finally, she re-filed a complaint after questioning the investigators ”, she clarified.

The Senlis prosecutor’s office had reported in April of the expansion of the preliminary investigation to pressure the young woman would have been subjected to to withdraw her complaint.

Pierre-Charles Boudot’s lawyer was not reachable on Monday.

The woman who accuses jockey Pierre-Charles Boudot of rape says she was “trapped by a hunting predator”

According to “the Parisian”, this custody forced the jockey to cancel his participation in a meeting scheduled for Thursday at the Chantilly racecourse, where he was to ride five times, including in the quinté of the day.

The Senlis prosecutor’s office is in charge of another rape complaint case, consistently denied by Pierre-Charles Boudot, dating back to 2015, in Deauville, and being the subject of a judicial investigation opened in 2018, in which the jockey is assisted witness. In this case, the complainant also claims that she was drugged before being raped.

Named 2020 jockey of the year, Pierre-Charles Boudot, 28, notably won the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud and the Prix de Diane.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *