HCMCA 15-year-old girl, after being scolded by her mother for “indulging in school,” took 28 antidepressant pills, and was sent to the emergency room.
On January 15, Dr. Nguyen Minh Tien, Deputy Director of the City Children’s Hospital (Ho Chi Minh City), said that after 3 days of active treatment, her condition is now stable, her skin is less red.
She was admitted to the City Children’s Hospital Resuscitation Emergency Department on January 12 in a dilapidated state. The family member reported that he had taken 28 amitryptyline pills with 25 mg content, then was dazed, delirious, and blushed.
Doctors have rinsed the patient’s stomach, given activated carbon to absorb toxins, infusion and alkaline treatment of blood.
Amitryptyline, Dr Dr said, belongs to the group of tricyclic antidepressants. Poisoning with tricyclic antidepressants, in children, there will be manifestations of perceptual disorders with symptoms such as drowsiness, drowsiness, hallucinations, lethargy, convulsions, tachycardia, ventricular arrhythmias, torsion peak, dry mouth, erythema, convulsions, fever, dilated pupils, hypotension. If the child is not treated in time, it will lead to respiratory failure, possibly death.
Dr. Dr. noted that parents should pay more attention to the emotional feelings of adolescence. Avoid scolding, putting too much pressure on the child, leading to dangerous actions for the child.