Covid-19 New Variant: The World Health Organization (WHO) is monitoring the new form of corona virus found in South Africa B.1.1529 and will hold a ‘special meeting’ on it on Friday. In which it will be considered whether the form created by too much change should be put in the list of ‘worrisome nature’. The official said that according to the information received so far, this form has arisen due to the most changes. It was first identified this week in South Africa and has already spread to several neighboring countries, including Botswana.
This form of the virus has been found in people who have been fully vaccinated. After this new form emerged, scientists have warned that the number of new forms of the virus may increase which may be more resistant to the vaccine and their rate of spread may be higher. This can lead to an increase in cases with severe symptoms of Kovid-19.
A new variant has become a challenge for the countries of the world
- No case of this new variant has been reported in India so far.
- As a precaution, India has been asked to conduct strict screening of persons from South Africa, Botswana and Hong-Kong.
- A new Kovid variant has been detected in a passenger who returned from Malawi in Israel.
- Israeli PM has said that we are currently on the verge of a state of emergency.
- Italy has banned travelers coming from South Africa regarding the new variant of Kovid-19.
- Germany is considering imposing a travel ban on South Africa over the new Kovid variant.
- Britain has included six African countries in its travel ban list. These countries include South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Botswana, Lesotho and Eswatini.
Maria Van Kerkhove, who is leading the WHO’s Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Kovid-19 Technical Group, said on Thursday, “Less than 100 variants of genome sequencing are available. We don’t know about it yet. We do know that this form has undergone more genetic changes. And when it takes many forms, there is concern as to how it will affect the behavior of the Kovid-19 virus.
He said that researchers are trying to understand together what these changes and spike proteins are called and what can be their detection method, treatment and vaccine. Kerkhove said the WHO’s technical advisory group on the evolution of the virus is in discussion with its South African colleagues.
He said, “We are meeting again tomorrow. We are calling a special meeting to discuss this, not to give a warning but because we have this system. We will bring these scientists together and discuss what it means and also what can be the time frame to find a solution for them.
Kerkhove said the WHO’s technical advisory group on the evolution of the virus is in discussion with its South African colleagues. He said, “We are meeting again tomorrow. We are calling a special meeting to discuss this, not to give a warning but because we have this system. We will bring these scientists together and discuss what it means and also what can be the time frame to find a solution for them.
Corona Cases in Czech Republic: Corona cases are increasing in Czech Republic, the government extended the ban by 30 days
Boris Johnson wrote a letter to French President Emmanuel Macron, saying – take back all migrants crossing the English Channel