Improve your meals on a Mediterranean diet with a 7-day menu for health.
Many studies show that the Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and other serious illnesses. This diet contributes to stimulating metabolism, strengthening bones, reducing aches and pains, reducing belly fat, increasing energy and fostering brain.
Although the Mediterranean is bordered by 16 countries with different traditions and cuisines, the diets of the people of this region are based on a few basic rules: Focus on foods of real origin. animals (vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, whole grains), replace butter with olive oil, use animal protein from fish, eggs and poultry. In addition, limit red meat diet, use a variety of herbs and spices, drink alcohol in moderation, and share meals with friends and family.
Due to the different natural conditions, finding and purchasing Mediterranean food in Vietnam may not be easy, but you can follow the above principles to tailor your meals to both healthy and suitable conditions. reality.
This diet provides about 1,600 calories per day. You can adjust portion sizes depending on your weight and health goals.
Tips for an effective Mediterranean diet
• Eat by the hour, set the menu from the day before.
• Comfortable combination of main course and any snack.
• Drink enough water.
• Enjoy up to one glass of wine per day with meals.
• Eat non-starchy vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, peppers, celery, cucumbers, …) at any time of the day.
• You do not have to say goodbye to your favorite potato chips. You can “cheat” a little bit every day to not get bored.
Reference menu for 7 days, with a strong Mediterranean flavor:
Mai Dung (According to the Today)