Emphasizing the orientation of digital transformation, building a digital government in the coming time is based on open technology and in the way of developing platforms, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung said that the Flex Digital platform has demonstrated the this orientation.
|The launching ceremony of the Flex Digital Digital Government Development Platform is a continuation of a series of events introducing “Make in Vietnam” digital platforms to implement the National Digital Transformation Program.|
Build a Digital Government with Platforms
On December 4, in order to contribute to the implementation of the action program of the Vietnam Open Technology Forum 2020 with the slogan “Developing and mastering digital technologies to promote national digital transformation”, the Ministry of Information and Communications launched a platform. Digital Government development platform Flex Digital.
The Flex Digital Digital Government Development Platform is a technology platform built by FDS Services and Open Source Development Joint Stock Company based on open standards and open technologies, providing a total solution for the development of digital government / government on the basis of 9 main components.
Flex Digital is built on the basis of inheriting open source technology achievements in the world, thereby helping to accelerate the completion of solutions and products to meet the needs of digital government development in Vietnam.
|Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung emphasized that the foundation of the development of a digital government based on open technology is one of the important foundations in the next 5 years we will focus on implementing.|
Speaking at the launch event, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung said that the platform for the development of the Digital Government Flex Digital has shown the great directions of the Ministry of Information and Communications in digital transformation and development of digital government. The digital government development platform based on open technology is one of the key platforms that we will focus on in the next 5 years.
Explaining why the Ministry of Information and Communications oriented to deploy open technology to develop and master digital technology, serving national digital transformation, Mr. Dung emphasized that open technology helps us to reduce costs. copyright, help develop capacity, take initiative and also make the systems more secure.
“Open technology here is not just open source, but also open standards, open data and the culture we develop open-oriented systems.”Mr. Dung noted further.
|Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung and delegates perform the ceremony to launch the development platform of the Digital Government Flex Digital.|
Along with that, the Ministry of Information and Communications has also identified one of the breakthrough solutions to implement digital government, digital transformation is based on platforms.
Emphasizing the strategy for the development of the digital government in the coming time is based on platforms, Mr. Dung said, in the National Strategy for Government Development for the period 2021-2025, with a vision to 2030, The Ministry of Information and Communications will advise the Prime Minister on a list of foundations according to the scale of ministries and branches that need to be implemented.
“If in the previous period, we develop according to information systems, when we integrate with each other, we integrate point-to-point; then in the next 5 years, our strategy will definitely be platform-based deployment and data-based integration ”Mr. Dung emphasized
Talking about the digital technology ecosystem serving the national digital transformation, the representative of the Ministry of Information and Communications also said that large IT and telecommunications businesses need to focus on developing platforms, small and medium enterprises. on apps and services.
The Flex Digital platform helps agencies and units reduce costs by 50%
According to Mr. Tran Kiem Dung, Director of FDS Company, Flex Digital is not a software but a platform developed and integrated by 12 different open source software components and edited and optimized by FDS. chemistry; integrate the software; provide a solution in the form of a service.
|Director of FDS Company Tran Kiem Dung affirmed that Flex Digital is a platform developed and integrated by 12 different open source software components, available and edited and optimized by FDS.|
The advantage of this platform is that it can reuse industry standards in line with existing technology development trends in the world. This approach allows a complete mastery of technology, reduces production costs and creates a foundation for the sustainable development of digital government in Vietnam.
Talking with ICTnews, the representative of the sharing platform development unit, Flex Digital overcomes the situation of using infrastructure services with lack of orientation and waste; provides mechanisms for easily integrating data and applications, independent of business applications.
In addition, the Flex Digital platform also standardizes the quality of the application by ensuring features, performance and security. In particular, the use of a digital platform allows shortening the application development time by at least 50%.
|The components of the Flex Digital platform have been effectively deployed in 11 ministries, 5 provinces, and 2 international organizations.|
As for the cost of using, the representative of FDS Company said that the cost of using the Flex Digital platform is calculated by using the services in the platform. And if compared with foreign platform services, Flex Digital helps agencies and units reduce costs by at least 50%.
It is known that the components of the Flex Digital platform have been effectively deployed in 11 ministries, 5 provinces, and 2 international organizations. In the coming time, FDS will continue to improve the foundation and use it to build more specific software products for the digital transformation process in ministries, branches and localities.
– OpenCPS: Online public service platform used to deploy online public service portal and electronic one-stop information system of ministries / provinces.
– FlexMobile: Mobile application development platform that provides an integrated interface on mobile devices for staff to look up information, receive notifications and interact with applications for management and administration. the set.
– FlexView: Platform for developing various types of web applications, including specialized professional applications, internal administrative applications, information / data portals, and intelligent management center.
– FlexData: Digital data sharing and integration management platform used to manage reference data, master data shared within the agency; develop specialized professional information management databases; Open data sharing portal of ministries / provinces.
– FlexMap: Digital map data service platform used to manage spatial data infrastructure; provide web based map data (WebGIS).
– FlexStat: Reporting and statistical information management platform providing tools to support investigation management, collecting information, processing reports and aggregating statistics according to periodic reporting modes or unexpected.
– FlexConnect: Application integration service platform assuring LGSP functions; Provides connection modules for ready-to-use integration between application systems.
– FlexNet: Collaboration and executive guidance service platform that provides shared sharing services to link users in collaborative activities and direct operations on the agency’s internal social network.
– FlexInsight: Smart data analysis service platform for integrated data warehouse management; analyze data and create quick visual reports according to the needs of the user.
The Ministry of Information and Communications is about to submit to the Prime Minister the National Strategy on Government Development No.
Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Pham Anh Tuan said that at present, the Ministry of Information and Communications is preparing to submit to the Prime Minister for consideration and promulgation of the National Strategy for Government Development for the period 2021-2025, with a vision to 2030.