Top Stories

China was forced to retreat after a confrontation with the Indian Army in Sikkim, said – our army is committed to peace on the border


China was forced to retreat after a skirmish with the Indian Army on the Line of Actual Control in Naku La area of ​​Sikkim last week, China said on Monday that it was committed to peace along the border. In addition, he has asked India not to take any one-sided action.

On behalf of the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, it was said – Our soldiers on the border India- “China is committed to maintaining peace in the border area. China, India is appealing that any unilateral action should be avoided which the border But the situation worsens. Take steps to restore peace in the border areas. “

Earlier, the Indian Army said on Monday that there was a ‘minor tussle’ between the troops of India and China in Naku La area of ​​North Sikkim on 20 January which was resolved by the local commanders under the prescribed protocol. It is noteworthy that this incident took place from May 5 last year amidst the deadlock between the armies of the two countries in East Ladakh.

According to news agency PTI, the Indian Army said in a brief statement, “It is clarified that there was a ‘minor tussle’ on 20 January in Naku La, North Sikkim which was resolved by the local commanders under the prescribed protocol.” The media is requested to refrain from overstating or exaggerating it, which is factually incorrect. “Those aware of the incident said that Chinese troops crossed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) to infiltrate into Indian territory. Tried but Indian army soldiers stopped him. He says that there was a fight between the soldiers of the two countries.

It is noteworthy that Naku La is the same place where there was a clash between Indian and Chinese soldiers on 9 May last year. After this, there was a violent skirmish between the soldiers of India and China in Pengong Lake area of ​​eastern Ladakh and since then there has been a military standoff for almost nine months. Meanwhile, another round of corps commander-level talks took place between the Indian and Chinese forces on Sunday with the aim of withdrawing troops from all tense areas of eastern Ladakh.

After the stalemate in Ladakh, the Indian Army has strengthened its strength on the 3,500-km-long Line of Actual Control (LAC). India has clearly said that it is the responsibility of China to start the process of taking the troops back and reduce the tension in the deadlocked area of ​​East Ladakh. Nearly one lakh soldiers of India and China are stationed in eastern Ladakh. The two sides are preparing to stay in the area for a long time. Meanwhile, negotiations are on for a amicable solution at the diplomatic and military levels as well.

Also read: ‘Minor faceoff’ between soldiers of India and China in North Sikkim, local commanders resolve the matter

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *