Top Stories

Blast in mosque during Friday prayers in Afghanistan, 33 killed, 43 injured


Afghan Mosque Blast: An explosion at a mosque during Friday prayers in northern Afghanistan has killed 33 people and injured 43 others. A Taliban spokesman gave this information. Due to this, one day the terrorist organization Islamic State claimed responsibility for two separate deadly attacks. The number of bombings has dropped since Taliban fighters took over Afghanistan last year after toppling the US-backed government, but jihadists and Sunni IS continue to attack targets they see as heretical.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid tweeted that children were among 33 killed in an explosion at a mosque in the northern province of Kunduz. “We condemn this crime… and express our deepest condolences to the bereaved,” he said. Several photographs have been posted on social media that could not be immediately verified, showing the aftermath of the incident at the popular Mawlawi Sikandar mosque of Sufis in the north of Kunduz city.

ISIS hates Sufis

Jihadist groups such as IS harbor a deep hatred for the Sufis, whom they view as heretics and accuse them of polytheism – the greatest sin in Islam – of advocating for dead saints. Mohammad Esah, the owner of a shop near the mosque, said, “The view of the mosque was appalling. All the worshipers inside the mosque were either injured or killed.” According to the news agency AFP, a nurse from a nearby district hospital told on the phone that 30 to 40 people were killed in the blast.

Third blast in two days
This is the third blast in Afghanistan in two days. Earlier on Thursday, ISIS claimed responsibility for the blast at a Shia mosque in the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif. At least 12 worshipers were killed and 58 people were injured in the blast. ISIS also claimed a separate attack on Thursday in the city of Kunduz, in which four people were killed and 18 were injured.

Read also:

Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz Sharif’s order- strict security should be provided to Imran Khan

Russia-Ukraine War: 1 lakh people are still trapped in Mariupol, the mayor’s appeal – ‘complete evacuation’ of the population

,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *