On the evening of February 6, HCDC announced that it had traced and quarantined 47 people exposed to “patient 1979”, 10 people exposed “patient 1980”, awaiting test results.
These two brothers live in the same house in Vinh Phu ward, Thuan An city, Binh Duong province. “Patient 1979”, male, 27 years old, is an employee of Tan Son Nhat airport, is continuing to investigate epidemiology.
Mr. Nguyen Tri Dung, Director of HCM City Center for Disease Control (HCDC), “patient 1979” is an employee working on loading luggage, coordinating cargo on the plane, not contacting passengers. He also stopped working from February 2 to February 4, on February 5, he went to the airport to take samples and then went home, so he reduced the risk of infection in the airport.
The initial epidemiological investigation of CDC HCMC and CDC Binh Duong with airport staff patients, is as follows:
– From December 2020: moved to Ehome apartment in Binh Duong to share a room with two younger brothers.
– The days from January 22 to January 27 are almost according to the schedule of activities at home, going to the airport to work, midnight going home, traveling by private car, except for about 14:00 on January 25 on the way. There was a gas station at a gas station on Highway 13 a kilometer from the Ehome apartment building.
January 28: Stay at home until 5:00 p.m. then go to Go Go Restaurant, No. 475 Le Trong Tan Street, Tan Phu District, Ho Chi Minh City, eat with three friends. Then go home, the following days until January 31st just stay home and go to work at the airport.
– Day 1/2: have breakfast at noodle shop on Hong Ha street, near Coffee House, ward 2, Tan Binh district, Ho Chi Minh city, with a colleague; then go to work at the airport.
– February 2: Take a break from work at home, around 9:00 am, buy bread at a breakfast shop (the aisle of the B4-C2 building) to bring home to eat. Then go to the nearby Moc Coffee Shop (without anyone), sit at the second table, left from the entrance. Around 10:30 am, buy fruit at the grocery store near Ehome apartment, walkway B2 / B4, then go back to the apartment building. About 23:00 on the same day, he began to feel tired.
– February 3: The younger brother’s friend comes to the house, but he does not contact. In the morning, he had a fever, a cough, a headache and was tired. At 13:30, he was taken by his brother to be examined at Military Medical Hospital 175, Ho Chi Minh City, and then went straight home by motorbike.
– February 4-5: stay at home, go to the store for breakfast. On February 5, we arrived at Tan Son Nhat airport for testing samples on the first floor, T2 terminal. Around 9:30, he re-examined at 175 Military Hospital in the clinical screening area, tested, paid hospital fees and left. From 11:00 to 12:30, go to Coffee House Coffee House at 18 Hong Ha, Ward 2, Tan Binh, with a friend, then go home in Binh Duong.
At 6 o’clock, he rode a motorbike to Tan Son Nhat airport to work, when he arrived at the gate, he reported that his test result was positive for nCoV, and asked to return home in Binh Duong. Going to the section of Ha Huy Giap Street, District 12, HCDC requested to stop the car, the Hoc Mon District Medical Center approached him and took him to the quarantine area, investigated the epidemiology and took test samples, transferred to the Field Hospital. Cu Chi treated at 23:00 on February 5.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on the afternoon of February 6 instructed Ho Chi Minh City to urgently localize the related person of Tan Son Nhat positive employee, to ensure the airport operates normally.
175 Military Hospital on 6/2 concentrated isolation, testing 21 exposed staff “patient 1979”. This patient came to the hospital before having a positive result.
Regarding the “patient 1883”, a male notary in Hanoi, who entered Ho Chi Minh City on January 29, the city traced and tested 112 cases, of which 110 were negative, two were waiting for the results.
The 51 people in HCMC involved “patient 1801”, the woman in Binh Duong, all tested negative. Of the 56 people involved in the “1843 patient”, 55 tested negative, one of them awaiting results.
In recent days, Ho Chi Minh City received medical reports for 855 people from Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Gia Lai, Binh Duong …, there are 34 people waiting for results.
9 days from January 28 to February 6, the Ministry of Health recorded 398 community infections, in 12 provinces including Hai Duong (290), Quang Ninh (47), Hanoi (23), Gia Lai (18) , Binh Duong (6), Bac Ninh (2), Dien Bien (3), Hoa Binh (2), Ho Chi Minh City (2), Hai Phong, Bac Giang, Ha Giang with one shift each.